Other Community Volunteer Opportunties
- Habitat for Humanity – help answer phones, flexible hours and days
- Seton Center – receptionist/administrative position
- Deers Head – needs help immediately with sewing projects such as lap robes or wheelchair bags. Use their equipment at their facility
- Hospital – crochet or knit baby hats for newborns
- Project Linus Volunteers are needed to make or donate blankets. These blankets are given to children from ages newborn to 18. They should be at least 30" or larger. Blankets must be clean, handmade (of new materials), colorful, cheerful, and cannot have an odor. Because we serve many sick and fragile children, we cannot accept blankets which smell like pets, mold, mildew, smoke or scented laundry products.
- Coastal Hospice – Volunteer as a counselor with patients and families. New program needs veterans to become counsels for veterans in Coastal Hospice
- Deers Head – work in canteen selling snacks and gifts
- Coastal Hospice – work in their new thrift store in Berlin
- Diaknoia – thift store in Worcester County
- Habitat for Humanity - Maintain and update store listings on Ebay, Craigslist, CMDepot and other web sites, maintain Ebay account by tracking sales, making sure items ship.
- Telemon - The Web Designer maintains, updates, and expands Telamon Corporation’s local web page. Additionally the Web Designer may be called upon to help staff members with other web design or internet-based projects. Volunteers should have excellent computer skills and a substantial knowledge of web page production and design. Volunteers should be able to commit several hours a week or on an as needed basis as projects arise.
- Village of Hope – needs one or two volunteers to lead an exercise class with women
- NanticokeWatershed Alliance – Creekwatcher From April through November, Creekwatchers monitor at least one of 40 sampling sites from Greenwood, Delaware, to Nanticoke, Maryland. Volunteers take a variety of measurements, including Secchi depth or water clarity, dissolved oxygen and salinity. Volunteers also take two water samples for lab work. The Alliance uses the data collected by Creekwatchers to produce an annual Nanticoke River Report Card.
- Pine Bluff Villag- Needs volunteer (retired Nurse) to take blood pressures. Hours flexible. Once a month
- Blood Bank - Work in canteen watching those who have donated blood for adverse reactions.
- PRMC- Volunteer in various depts. in the hospital. 100 hours per year commitment.